In this workshop you will learn from two global experts how to build a thriving workplace culture where your team members feel inspired, happy, and aligned with the business objectives of your organization.
If you have been contemplating doing an offsite or looking for ways to enhance team cohesion, trust, and teamwork, this 2-day workshop is an excellent option that will save you money, plus provide the opportunity to learn from other exceptional teams in Southeast Asia.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Understanding that all entrepreneurs have different strengths, the workshop is designed to create an Adaptable Learning Environment. The curriculum and coaching is customised to meet the learning needs of the group and provide space for individuals to engage with their specific mindset goals.
Before arriving, every participant will take the Good Culture proprietary Awareness Assessment. The assessment will help you uncover your leadership blind spots. Rest assured nobody will see your results but you. The workshop will simply use the average results of all participants to customise the workshop curriculum.
Regardless of how the curriculum shapes up, the workshop will include curriculum and exercises to begin addressing these 5 elements for a thriving workplace culture:
1. Mindful Leadership & Foresight: In this section of the workshop we will discuss leadership practices that enhance the motivation and engagement of your people – your most valuable assets – and help your team develop the mindsets of the 10% of leaders who thrive.
2. Cultural Awareness & Organizational Design: In this section we will review your organization’s bright and blind spot report (included in your workshop investment) and help your team develop a plan to transform your #1 blind spot into an organizational strength. We will also cover how culture evolves as organizations scale.
3. Emotional Intelligence & Wellbeing: In this section we will share the science behind how emotions significantly affect our judgement and decision-making, and how to break free from the time scarcity, stress, and burnout most organizations operate within.
4. Hiring & Engagement: In this section we will illuminate how your organization can save millions of dollars through effective hiring and engagement practices that map to your culture. It’s not only about bringing the right people into your organization, but also keeping certain people off the bus.
5. Social Impact: In this section we will provide inspiring examples of other organizations that designed effective social campaigns that boost team motivation and impact. We will then help your team design a social impact strategy.
Why are we hosting this workshop?
The majority of business leaders see culture as an abstract “nice to have” that is difficult to measure in relation to business ROI. Great leaders see that culture affects their business strategy, decision-making, hiring, and engagement – all elements that significantly contribute to the health, wellbeing, and profitability of an organization.
500 Startups, Grab, and Good Culture have come together to help organizations throughout Southeast Asia see that putting culture first is not a “nice to have,” it’s a “must have.”
By the end of this workshop it is our promise that you and your team will feel more trust, connection, and alignment around the business objectives of your organization.
Who are the facilitators?
- Justin Milano – Justin is a serial entrepreneur, executive coach, and facilitator who uses a unique blend of business coaching and leadership psychology to help clients create breakthroughs and fulfill their maximum potential. Justin currently coaches and advises founders and CEOs at rapid-growth enterprises in the US, Asia, and Oceania.
- Dr. Daniel Cordaro – For more than 10 years, Dr. Cordaro has been studying the human mind and emotions at academic institutions like Yale and UC Berkeley. Cordaro is also a sought after executive coach, as he was recently rated the #1 mentor at Silicon Valley’s XPRIZE conference, an event that brings together 200 of the world’s top leaders who are solving humanity’s greatest challenges.
- Ong Chin Yin – Grab’s head of people and culture, the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia.
Who Should Attend?
- Enterprise executives and their teams
- Startup founders and their teams
- Department heads, managers, and their teams
- Assessment – – Organizational assessment to uncover blind and bright spots in your team’s leadership, performance, and wellbeing
- Workshop – A complete 2-Day workshop to begin developing the 5 elements of a thriving workplace culture
- Panel & Networking– Attendance at panel with leading venture capitalists to discuss the importance of culture and team wellbeing, plus networking with key players of the startup ecosystem
- Food & Drinks for both days provided by Grab
Net Promoter Scores
Past workshop participants have provided us the following feedback scores and testimonials:
- Net Promoter Score – avg. 9.5
- Content – avg 5.6 out of 6
- Facilitation – avg. 5.9 out of 6
“The biggest takeaway I had was the ability to see the greater purpose of my work, leveraging on my anxieties and turning them into creativity. The concepts and actionable steps we learned helped us overcome our limiting beliefs step-by-step. It lays the right foundation to our long and challenging entrepreneurial journey. I highly recommend everyone to go for it!” – Giden Lim, Co-Founder, BloomThis
“I gained immense value from the Good Culture process. Justin’s meticulous review of cognitive research and on-point exposition of same successfully made me introspect on the semi-conscious ways I was holding myself back in my entrepreneurial endeavors. I would absolutely recommend Good Culture to anyone who is tackling the major ventures of their life.” – Rick Sheridan, Impact Hub Singapore
“The Breakthrough program was a great culture building experience for our team at Paragon One. The content was engaging and scientifically validated, and the Breakthrough leaders like Justin have helped the flow of communication within our team. Looking forward to working more with the crew at Good Culture.” – Matt Wilkerson, CEO, Paragon One
What Results Should I Expect?
This workshop is for those leaders who are courageous enough to question their deepest assumptions and lead from radical new mindsets that reliably improve performance, leadership, and wellbeing. Expect this workshop to challenge the traditional entrepreneurial context.
Is there any real research behind this?
Absolutely, the effectiveness of the 5 mindsets is scientifically proven to help leaders develop new adaptability skills, feel better about themselves and their work, and accomplish more than ever. The 5 mindsets and curriculum are based on numerous studies as well as our past research results that we will reference throughout the workshop.
Is this event only for startup founders?
No, anyone with an interest in startups can benefit tremendously from this event, along with executives and managers in established businesses. The 5 mindsets are powerful and universal tools that can work for leaders in multiple types of organizations or leaders in training.
How do I know if this event is worthwhile for me?
It is certainly worthwhile if you are involved in a leadership role in your current company or an upcoming project and want to understand how some of the top founders in the world think, strategize and respond to their challenges.
Do I have to take the assessment?
You are required to take the assessment to uncover your blind spots that may be affecting your current performance. The assessment will allow you to track the effectiveness of the workshop over time, and it will assist us with tailoring the topics of the workshop to participant needs.